Board-Certified Physician Assistant
Michelle O’Brien, MS, PA-C, is a board-certified physician assistant licensed to practice medicine in the states of Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin under physician supervision. She received her undergraduate training in health science studies, with a minor in biology, from Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. Throughout college, she worked as a physical therapy aide, where her passion for orthopaedics began. Michelle then received her master’s degree in physician assistant studies at the University of Bridgeport, an NCCPA accredited program in Bridgeport, CT. She started her career in orthopaedics at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Michelle joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 2018 and works alongside Dr. Patel who specializes in sports medicine injuries in the adult and adolescent. She provides direct patient care at several clinic locations, and also assists in the operating room. Her scope of practice includes performing joint injections and other minor procedures, providing pre- and post-operative care, as well as diagnosing and treating several orthopaedic conditions. Her clinical interests include knee, hip and shoulder injuries.
- M.M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
- B.S., Health Science Studies with a minor in Biology, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT
Area of Specialty
- Sports Medicine
Current and Previous Appointments
- Staff PA, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Privileges at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Salt Creek Surgery Center, Advocate Good Samaritan, Munster Specialty Surgical Center
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery (PAOS)
- Illinois Academy of Physican Assistants (IAPA)